site of working class history in north east england
Bibliography of Issues 1 to 14 of North East History now available
A Bibliography of Issues 1 to 14 of North East History (1967 to 1980) is now available on this site. Look under “Journal” and the link is close to the top of the page.
Many thanks to Sean Creighton for his work in putting this together. If anyone would like to do similar work on Issue 15 and onwards, please contact the Society, E-mail:
North East History: New Edition 46 : 2015
Volume 46 is now available from the North East Labour History Society.
Contains articles On:
• Opposition to the South African War 1988-1902
• Levellers in the North East, 1648
• The General Strike – undermined by volunteers?
• Health Provision for Byker’s Working Poor, 1835-1852
• William Morris and Striking Miners, 1880s
• Haltwhistle in the 1930s
• An Oral History of the CWS
• Norman Cornish and Nornam Dennis – an appreciation
• Book reviews, project reports and NELHS news